How to maintain laminates?
After we get our house constructed and designed according to our likes, we start thinking our job is done. This is where most of us go wrong. We don’t pay enough attention to regular maintenance needs and instead just prolong the process until something needs to be replaced instead of repaired. The secret to fine-looking, durable laminates lies in taking proper care of them.
Here are some dos and don’ts you should follow to keep your interiors beautiful as ever:
- Avoid using rough objects or abrasive materials like steel scrubbers to clean surfaces. It will destroy the top coating and make your interior look worn out. Instead, opt for soft materials like cotton wipes or microfiber cloth.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight fades out laminates. Avoid placing your furniture in spots which receive too much of it.
- Another factor that can cause damage to your laminates is moisture. Monsoon season, especially, calls for extra care to be taken so that it doesn’t get too damp on the surfaces. Cleaning with too much water can also cause warping.
- Stay away from string mops or sponge mops as they will leave streaky marks and also need more water, which might seep into cracks and ruin the laminate covering eventually.
- Steer clear of strong chemical cleaners and bleach. It will leave the laminates unpolished and discoloured.
- Since laminates are non porous, dirt and bacteria cannot accumulate on the surface directly, but accompanied by the oily fumes in kitchen, it can settle in the seams and corners. Cleaning these parts is important with warm soapy solutions followed by proper rinsing and drying.
Maintaining your laminates is not a difficult task if you just keep practicing these simple pointers. For exquisite range of laminates, check out Savine laminates.